Skip to main content

Thrill of the Trail: Bringing Running at a Higher Level

For my avid readers, if there is, you should know by now that I had already joined a total of nine races (one bandit run). And in every race that I joined, I never push myself to the limit; simply because, I wanted to tandem run with my girl, and cross the finish line alongside her. Well, of course except at the New Balance Power Run were I cannot cross the finish line for I am not registered. With that current “addiction” – running – we were enjoying our Sundays at The Fort, Bonifacio Global City almost always.

Right after crossing the FINISH line at Mighty Run

But I guess now, we would be bringing our running at a higher level. It is because of the Thrill of the Trail which we were urged by RunningAtom to join. Of course we were still at the point of hesitations since it is an 11K trail running, and we’re only used to 5K. Although, we already registered ourselves for our very first 10K fun run this April.

I sought details of the run from Thrill of the Trail Facebook fan page and found some interesting points that triggered my excitement of the event. Thrill of the Trail NUVALI is the 3rd edition of the Thrill of the Trail running series here in the Philippines whose primary goal is to promote trail running in the Philippines. Initial legs have been done in Batangas, Cagayan de Oro, this year at Laguna, and Bohol will be next in line. Since the event will be done on Valentine’s Day, they added spice on the race by having an 11K couples category that requires the participants to cross the finish line together while holding hands – which we always do during our race events.


Moreover, the said event will be used as tune-up by enthusiasts for The North Face 100 Trail Running Ultra Marathon, the 1st and only trail running ultra marathon series in the Asia Pacific which currently spans 5 countries (Australia, China, Philippines, Japan and Taiwan). WOW! Will this event make our dreams come true of running outside the country?

I also read the FAQ page of their official website and found tons of exciting thrills. For now, we will be contemplating on this event. Will you encourage us to join or not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monte Vista Resort at Calamba, Laguna

8 Waves Waterpark and Hotel, San Rafael, Bulacan