Skip to main content

1st Catholic Ministry to Deaf People Yes Run 2009 at UP Diliman

My Running Diary:
  1. Adidas King of the Road 2009 - October 25, 2009
  2. A Run for the Pasig River - November 8, 2009
  3. Time is Running, The 2009 Timex Run - November 15, 2009
  4. Men's Health Urbanathlon and Festival 2009 - November 22, 2009
  5. New Balance Power Run, Raising Hope 2009 - November 29, 2009 (Bandit)
  6. 1st Catholic Ministry to Deaf People Yes Run 2009 - December 6, 2009
WOW! I am amazed that I already got a total of six (6) runs; when in fact, I only started last week of October. Conclusively, I have been running on a weekly basis, and I feel great about it. For this year, I got a couple of races more; then, we would be resting our tired legs and continue our addiction next year.

It was my first time to run at UP Diliman, Quezon City. In the last five (5) runs that I had joined, they all took place at Taguig (Fort Bonifacio and McKinley Hills). Upon arriving at the university, I got a little chilled by the cool breeze. There were a lot of trees in the surroundings that contributed to the cold atmosphere. And I said to myself, "It would be great to run here at UP Diliman."

CaptainRunner with MinnieRunner

Before the race began, I position myself in front of the line. I would try to run along with the 'competitive runners' until I surrender, LOL. At the gun start, I really tried to run as fast as I could to keep up my pace with those runners who were really running for the prizes. After a short distance, 200m perhaps, I stopped and gasped for air. I really can't run with them. Well, in fairness to myself, I haven't been training for such type of running. But at the back of my head, I would have wanted to run as fast as they could. And oh my, this race had startled me; even my girl is running faster than I do. I remember a number of times when she was trying to encourage me to run and not to walk. The world just turned upside down now. Before, I would run farther from her, she would catch me, then I would run further and ask her to continue with her pace. But now, it's the other way around. I even mentioned to her that she could continue her pace and just me meet at the finish line. But she loved me equally that we still cross the finish line at the same time.

Yes Run

After the 5KM stretch that we ran, my girl and her colleagues do some jump shots for the university's grounds is really suitable for such. We had so much fun out there.

The Best Jump Shot

My Best Jump Shot

And while there were still busy doing some photo shoots, I roam around and found out a number of booths around. There's the 2010 Bull Run and Rizal Day Fun Run booths. (We registered ourselves in the Bull Run.) I had also spotted a free clinic at the university every Sundays. We are planning to join this clinic next year.

Comments

Paulo, nice to read your story, too
kathy said…
Wow! I wold love to join a run for a good cause someday.. Thanks for the visit and the comment...

Women
abbeymae
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Monte Vista Resort at Calamba, Laguna

8 Waves Waterpark and Hotel, San Rafael, Bulacan

Goldilocks Pagbabago Blog Contest Awarding Ceremony