Skip to main content

Bandit Running at New Balance Power Run Raising Hope, The Fort, Bonifacio Global City

I have been convinced by my girl to join her running escapades during the Adidas King of the Road Running Expo 2009 at Megatrade Hall B, specifically, because of the singlet. With that, I am not registered to the recently held New Balance Power Run Raising Hope. The said event is originally scheduled last September 27 (when I am still not open for running events). But since Typhoon Ondoy unexpectedly bring forth wrath in the country, it was postponed and was re-scheduled on November 29 (last Sunday).

I really felt bad that I was not able to have myself registered for this event. But, even without a race bib, I run side-by-side with my girl - a so-called bandit running.

I was not able to start my run in the starting line. I was there waiting for the gun start a few meters away from the line. And as my girl passes by, I joined her and we run the 5K stretch. Before crossing the finish line, I have to move apart. I just waited, once more, for my girl after she crossed the finish line. And then I suddenly blurted to her that, 'Crossing the Finish Line, you really can't buy that feeling'. I don't know. But the feeling is really uneasy, unaccomplished. I should have cultivated my running endeavor earlier.

While waiting for my girl beyond the starting line

After parting ways before the finish line


Posing at the stage with a borrowed finisher's medal

I also get the perks registered runners have had during the event. The only thing that I was not able to have was the finisher's medal and the drinks that were given after the finish line. But eventhough I was able to get all those freebies, I must say that the feeling is not fulfilled - there's something missing -- for I failed to cross the FINISH line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monte Vista Resort at Calamba, Laguna

8 Waves Waterpark and Hotel, San Rafael, Bulacan

Goldilocks Pagbabago Blog Contest Awarding Ceremony