Skip to main content

Happy Death

My Tita (Aunt) Bebe, the youngest of my father's siblings have her unity with God last Friday, December 4, 2009 at around 2:30-3 the afternoon due to complication brought about by her breast cancer. My family have been grieving for her loss. We are set to send her unto her grave tomorrow morning at Bocaue, Bulacan. Her death (even during the days that she had been struggling from cancer) had really moved me. I have been longing to blog about her and her husband who lived to their marriage vows (in sickness and in health - and now, till death do us part) in simplicity - even without a child. It is really sad that I have to blog about it right now that she already passed away; nonetheless, I am really proud of her and her loving husband - and so I dedicated this post to her.

I have been a witness to their outstanding, if not perfect, love for each other - Tita Bebe and Mama (Uncle) Edgar. At the moment that we become aware of Tita Bebe's condition, she insisted to stay at our place (Bulacan) with her siblings, rather than at Pampangga (in her husband's). With that, Mama Edgar consistently visits her and takes care of her - pouring love at her. During the times when Tita Bebe is hurting badly, Mama Edgar is right beside her. What more can my Tita Bebe ask from his husband? And I am really touched by the love they had for each other, as if their love is overflowing.

When my Tita Bebe was confined in the hospital few days back, Mama Edgar never ceases to gave her the courage and support that she badly needed - until her last breath. I am happy the way Tita Bebe faced death. She had confessed to my father that she is ready, that she no longer feared of dying. She had been blessed by God with 47 fruitful years - enough to witness God's Providence and true love of her husband.

In her wake, I can see the glow in Mama Edgar's face. He already accepted the fact that the borrowed life of Tita Bebe needs to be returned to our Creator. And he is equally glad that he was able to show her his great love for her - a love until death. That was something I can call - a Happy Death.

To God be the Glory!

Photo Credits: ClipArtOf.com

Comments

kathy said…
My condolences to your family... Ang you're right she's in a better place now...

Women
abbeymae
Mom
MinnieRunner said…
I really love Mama Edgar's acceptance of Tita Bebe's death.

Popular posts from this blog

Monte Vista Resort at Calamba, Laguna

8 Waves Waterpark and Hotel, San Rafael, Bulacan

Goldilocks Pagbabago Blog Contest Awarding Ceremony