Skip to main content

Burgoo American Bar and Restaurant

Burgoo American Bar and Restaurant is our favorite restaurant way back before we decided to tie the knot and build our own family.  We had dined on a number of their branches:
  • Gateway Mall - our very first taste of Burgoo right after my hubby's Japan trip
  • The Block, SM North EDSA
  • Timog Avenue
  • SM Mall of Asia
It just shows one thing - it is really our favorite.
Burgoo has an American casual dining concept.  The history of this first stew originated in Kentucky, USA. During the 17th century, Burgoo was prepared mixing different meat that includes goat, squirrel, deer or any other game caught during the day and different vegetables, herbs and spices. At that time, Burgoo took all of 20-30 hours to prepare and cook. Their version is somewhat similar except now it cooks faster than the original using top choice of beef, pork and poultry. They guarantee you to the top quality of this extra ordinary dish.
Ambiance.  If you want to eat and have a good rest at the same time, this restaurant is the one for you.

My daughter busy drawing and coloring
I remember a time, my daughter and I was left at Gateway while my hubby is out to Odeon Mall to buy some raw materials for our online business.  My daughter then fall asleep and I had a heavy bag to lift as well.  My resort is to dine in at their branch at Burgoo - where I can eat and relax at the same time.  And I was not disappointed at all.

It is a quiet place with a relaxing ambiance where the kids and the kids at heart can doodle on a large sheet of paper placed on top of your table using the crayons they provided.  They also sometimes provide coloring pages for children.

Food vs Price.  My prerogative is, when it comes to food, I should not deprive myself.  So yes, although it may seem a bit pricey - I would still have to reward myself with their good food once in a while.  Their best seller, indeed, is a must try - Seafood Jambalaya.  Some of those that we had tried and passed our taste buds are:
  • Seafood Ceasar Supreme Salad
  • Seafood Linguini - I believe my to-go pasta here is Seafood Marinara, not sure why it is not in their Menu List
  • Seafood Jambalaya
  • Shrimp and Ribs Platter
We also avail sometimes their bottomless soda; and seldom, their watermelon shake.  

In the last few dine-in that we had, we order Seafood Jambalaya (with Chicken), and it is already sufficient - we even have some leftovers our next meal.

They normally have promo with their partner credit cards, so before you order, make sure to ask for the current promos.  Also, they usually give coupons for your next visit, might as well take advantage of it.

Service.  I had no problem with their service, no matter which branch we dine in.  I guess they do invest as well with their staff to provide excellent service to customers.

Definitely, one of the things we would love to visit after this pandemic is all over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monte Vista Resort at Calamba, Laguna

8 Waves Waterpark and Hotel, San Rafael, Bulacan