Skip to main content

Leyte-Samar Travel August 2010

It's been long since I had posted my travel pictures here. Mostly, I've been posting about my runs. So here, I've made some time to post these pictures while I'm still here at Leyte. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

AirPhil Express Aircraft
I heard about the Philippine Airline situation, hope everything will be fine.

Room 318 of Ormoc Villa Hotel. This became my home for the last 3 nights.

Lamp and Window...

Ormoc City Food Park. This food park houses various food stalls offering chicken and fish Inihaw.

Ormoc City Superdome
I wonder if PBA had already been held here


A reflection at Ormoc City.
I guess I need to improve more on photography.


Hotel Don Felife.
This is where I spent the days while typhoon Frank of June 2008 strikes the eastern Visayas.

Ormoc City Bus Terminal. Passenger vans and buses where in that terminal to take you to any town and province near Ormoc City. But some can even take you as far as Cubao and Davao.

Pineapples

Pineapple of Ormoc City. A small but crunchy and truly delicious pineapple.

Some of the food stuff at Ormoc City Food Park.

Ormoc Villa Hotel at the Night.
Ormoc Villa Hotel is located at Obrero St., Ormoc City, Philippines. Just beside the Ormoc City Superdome and a block away from Ormoc City Food Park. For more information, please visit www.ormocvillahotel.com


Ricefield along Maharlikha hi-way.
I hope this won't become a commercial or industrial are in the future.


Improvised habal-habal.

MacArthur's Park at Palo, Leyte

He did return, didn't he?



On this spot, Palo, Leyte, General Douglas MacArthur returned to the Philippines on October 20, 1944. Personally led the swift drive against the Japanese forces in the Philippines. President Sergio Osmeña and some members of the government-in-exile arrived with General Douglas MacArthur and proceeded to reorganize, restore and administer the government of the commonwealth of the Philippines. Declared a National Historical Landmark on 2004.


A view from San Juanico Bridge (the longest in the country) approaching the Island of Samar.







Sto. Niño Shrine at Tacloban City.

A famous Visayan delicacy, Binagol.

Garden and pool of Ormoc Villa Hotel.

Till my next trip. God Bless!

Comments

I really love your photos :)
Dhemz said…
my gosh...I so love your job!...heheehe...thanks for sharing all the pics....:) glad you posted your travel adventures back!
fiel-kun said…
Hello Sir Paulo!

Salamat po sa pagbisita sa aking blog!

And you really have a very nice photos of Ormoc, City. Hometown ng mother ko yan ^^ Nagwork sila dati sa Hacienda nila Lucy Torres :)
Jag said…
Whatta LIFE!hays!Ang ganda ng travel. ang ganda ng pics. pwede mag-apply na assistant mo? hahaha...

Belated happy bday na din hehehe...
Pietro Brosio said…
Thanks for sharing this wonderful sequence of images!
I find the Ormoc Villa Hotel so attractive!
Eric said…
I miss Ormoc..the last time I went there was year 1993.....I can see the big changes and improvement based on your pictures...
I didn't get the chance of taking pictures too at Palo Leyte...
Ebie said…
Paul I was browsing all your travel photos. These are hidden gems of the Philippines. I wish I had more time Island hopping every time I take vacation to Pinas. Ang ganda! Salamat sa pag bisita.
Carms said…
nice pic pau I'm always wishing to tour around the Philippines. Thank u pau and madz.
Dhemz said…
andito ulit!

Btw, you are invited to join my giveaway contest. Hope you can join us! Thanks....:)

Popular posts from this blog

Monte Vista Resort at Calamba, Laguna

8 Waves Waterpark and Hotel, San Rafael, Bulacan

Goldilocks Pagbabago Blog Contest Awarding Ceremony