Skip to main content

National Geographic Earth Day Run 2010

My Running Diary:
  1. Adidas King of the Road 2009 - October 25, 2009 : 0:48:59
  2. A Run for the Pasig River - November 8, 2009
  3. Time is Running, The 2009 Timex Run - November 15, 2009 : 0:43:49/0:41:23
  4. Men's Health Urbanathlon and Festival 2009 - November 22, 2009 : 0:53:50
  5. New Balance Power Run, Raising Hope 2009 - November 29, 2009 (Bandit) : 0:38:19
  6. 1st Catholic Ministry to Deaf People Yes Run 2009 - December 6, 2009 : 0:42:25 (unofficial)
  7. Pioneer Mighty Bond Mighty Run 2009 - December 13, 2009 : 0:38:13 (unofficial)
  8. PhilStar.com Christmas Celebrity Run 2009 - December 20, 2009 (chaos)
  9. PSE Bull Run 2010 : Takbo Para sa Ekonomiya - January 17, 2010 : 0:36:23
  10. Condura Run 2010 - Run for the Dolphins - February 7, 2010 : 0:33:18 (unofficial) 0:37:00 (official)
  11. Century Superbods Run 2010: RunRio Trilogy Leg 1 - February 21, 2010 : 0:49:10 / 0:39:35
  12. UNILAB Run United for Wellness - March 7, 2010 : 1:22:32
  13. Globe Run for Home 2010 - March 21, 2010 : 0:38:22 / 0:37:37
  14. Mizuno Infinity Race 2010 - April 11, 2010 : 1:19:49
  15. National Geographic Earth Day Run 2010 - April 18, 2010 : 1:30:18
I am really planning at meeting the 01:10 target that my girl and I have set back at the Mizuno Infinity Race 2010; but I failed to do so. I started strong. I even left my girl behind. I am still on target at the 5K mark (35min); but I am surprised how my girl overtake me at around halfway of 5-6K. She told me she is doing the Galloway Method. I tried to pace with her. But I just can't keep up. She made me eat her dust. From 6K onwards, I just walk until the finish line. My girl even met me up at around 200m from the finish. She was at the finish line at a considerable amount of time already. I need more practice and training.

Thumbs Up
  • I believe everybody love the limited edition technical shirt. The registration is worth it.
  • Hydration booth. I am on crossroads on whether to place it here or in thumbs down; but I prefer to have it here for it is sufficient. But I would have love to sip a Gatorade than water to re-fuel myself.
  • Sufficient kilometer markers.
  • Marshals that are equipped with sufficient knowledge about the race route.
  • An organized after race event. We were welcomed with free Nature Valley granola bars, a slice of limited edition of American Idol Greenwich pizza, a box of multivitamins (which we were unable to have), photo op with placards showing how we support Design Against the Elements (DAtE), and green bandanna.
Thumbs Down
  • Hmmm, so what's a 'Thumbs Down' with this event? I believe many had been ranting about the registration fee of the event. But I believe if runners simply think of the beneficiary, they won't feel any loss with the amount they had spent/donated.
  • Dust. They should have placed the event area at the parking lot instead of the dusty venue. Nonetheless, it was still a well-organized event.
I am glad that I had run for a good cause, to help the with an ambitious goal of DAtE searching the brain of a genius that could architect a habitat that could withstand the elements of the Earth. I did my part at helping our Planet Earth with the climate change that we are currently experiencing. Have you done yours?

------

While running for a good cause, I still find some time for my photography. A view of SM Mall of Asia's Globe during sunrise.

The 10K runners racing for a podium finish. Go Pinoys!

My girl, leaving me behind

Crossing the Finish Line

I care for our Mother Earth, and so I ran. How about you?

Comments

Sendo said…
some orgs organized an Eco-race here in duma...sayang nga di ako nakajoin..it would have been my treat for Earth Day kasi the tasks were environment-oriented --kaya para sa papalapit na Earth day eh mamumulot na lang ako ng plastics sa daan haha...ayos yung race niyo ^^
Girl said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicely said…
I am curious about the Galloway Method :P

Kakatuwa naman, may challenge pala kayo ni MinnieRunner. Kasi kami ni Yobs, talagang nagsabay, walang iwanan. Next time, ichachallenge ko din sya! Hehehe!

The water stations were sufficient, but there were no trash cans. Drinkers just throw their paper cups away everywhere. That's how we celebrated Earth Day :P That was my THUMBS DOWN :P
MinnieRunner said…
Mahal, ang bagal mo, he he he.. Joke!
Carms said…
I wonder how it feels to run for a cause but I am sure it is a great achievement and fulfillment.
Nicely said…
MinnieRunner? Pang-ilan ang rank mo sa 10k?
Jules said…
Oh i love our Mother Earth too. But my study and work is giving me a hectic schedule. So i am not able to run. =( Hope i could be able to run too like you guys. Look so fun. =D

Jules
Soloden.Com
The Brown Mestizo
Unknown said…
Oh yeah! I know how it feels to do something for our mother earth even in a little way we can do. ;D

Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunter
MinnieRunner said…
Nicely, Galloway Method ['yung ginawa ko] is 5minutes run, 1 minute walk alternate :)

Some have it 7-1.

It really depends on which one works for you.

Pang 900 lang ako, he he he. We're late. But my time, less the late, should be 1:18 :)
Anonymous said…
hi guys... would you know where can we find the photos during this run?? e.g. photovendo

Thanks!
Roy
roys_38@yahoo.com
CaptainRunner said…
Hi Roy, I already asked the Agatep peeps about the photos, will let you know once they replied.
Anonymous said…
Hi CaptainRunner... any news about the official photos? thanks dude!

-roy
CaptainRunner said…
Hi Roy, I already emailed you.
Does anyone know where to find pics for this? Please?!
CaptainRunner said…
This is what the Agatep peeps told me:

"They can call the organizer of the run Princess of Event King in 647-4251."
CaptainRunner said…
Guys, a friend told me that you can see the pictures at Instapix Photobooth

Popular posts from this blog

Monte Vista Resort at Calamba, Laguna

8 Waves Waterpark and Hotel, San Rafael, Bulacan

Goldilocks Pagbabago Blog Contest Awarding Ceremony