My Running Diary:Before I bid goodbye to 2009, I had my last run for the year: The PhilStar.com Christmas Celebrity Run 2009 held last December 20 at the Fort, Bonifacio Global City. I am really not sure if we can make it to this event the night before since my girl suffered from dysmenorrhea all throughout the day. But then she woke me up at around 3 in the morning and told me that she already ate her breakfast and was about to take a bath. With that, I get up from my bed and prepare for my last run for the year.
- Adidas King of the Road 2009 - October 25, 2009 : 0:48:59
- A Run for the Pasig River - November 8, 2009
- Time is Running, The 2009 Timex Run - November 15, 2009 : 0:43:49/0:41:23
- Men's Health Urbanathlon and Festival 2009 - November 22, 2009 : 0:53:50
- New Balance Power Run, Raising Hope 2009 - November 29, 2009 (Bandit) : 0:38:19
- 1st Catholic Ministry to Deaf People Yes Run 2009 - December 6, 2009 : 0:42:25 (unofficial)
- Pioneer Mighty Bond Mighty Run 2009 - December 13, 2009 : 0:38:13 (unofficial)
- PhilStar.com Christmas Celebrity Run 2009 - December 20, 2009
Well, I barely remember what had transpired from my preparations to our arrival at the starting line. It is already almost a year ago, LOL! Anyhow, I vividly remember how chaotic the event had been (for the 5K category). And probably the heavens had sent the signal by showering a very light rain before the 5K gun start. But we did not bother ourselves with the mist that falls at our skin. I also did not tire out myself by keeping pace with the 'competitive runners'. Instead I just jog and try to enjoy myself (it is a fun run anyway, so I might wanna have fun right?). But as we near our 2K mark of the 5K race route, somebody from the 5K racers was shouting and running in the opposite direction telling everyone else (5K racers) to go back for we had traversed a wrong route. Since almost everyone is turning back, we also stopped and return - hoping to find a signage (or a marshall) that could lead us to the right track.
But, as we already reached the 1K mark of every runners' route, we were only directed to the finish line. WHAT?! That was a total MESS! Given that this event had been moved from October to December, they could have prepared and organized the event much better and more perfect. It really dismayed a lot of runners (including us of course).
To top it all, the race results have been released. And NONE of us (9 runners) were in their list (3 10K runners, and 6 5K runners). We were not even registered at the same time nor at the same place. Could you imagine that? So here's what I have to say about the event: